16 Mar Coronavirus – our precautions
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
As a Veterinary Practice we are a professional, clinical, healthcare environment with exceptionally high standards of hygiene.
At the moment, we are continuing to provide our normal level of routine and emergency services. This may have to change and we will keep you informed of any changes promptly.
We need however to protect our staff to ensure we can continue to be able to treat your pets and also play our part in reducing the spread of the virus in our community.
As such we are taking the following steps:
- Ring the surgery first and we can discuss whether or not your pet needs to see us.
- If you or someone in your household has an elevated temperature above 37.5 degrees or general viral signs with a cough, please do not come to the surgery yourself. You can either arrange for a friend who is well to bring your pet on your behalf or it may be possible for us to help your pet via a telephone consultation depending on the nature of your pet’s symptoms. There will be a charge for telephone consultations from a vet, but this will be less than normal.
- We will not be doing any extra home visits, unless these are absolutely necessary, as we may bring risks to you, if you are self-isolating. Home visits are chargeable.
Please ensure you have a good supply of medication if your pet cannot be without it.
Please request repeat medication earlier than normal if :
1) You would prefer us to post the medication to you.
2) You will require a greater quantity than your normal repeat prescription.
These prescriptions will be processed in the normal way. Once authorised a member of the Reception team will phone you to confirm the medication is ready, arrange for payment to be taken over the phone and confirm details for posting. There will be a Postage & Packaging fee added to the bill to cover the cost of this.
If you need routine flea and worm treatment we recommend that we post this to you. Please phone and request in the normal way. Once authorised by the Vet, a member of our reception team will phone you to enable you to pay over the phone and confirm plans for posting. There will be Postage & Packaging fee added to the bill to cover costs.
- To reduce the number of people in the waiting room at any time we are asking that you come in and tell us that you have arrived and wait in your car until you are ready to come in.
- Where possible please pay bills with a card rather than cash and use contactless if possible.
- If you have any concerns about the health or welfare of your pet or have any questions regarding how we are functioning in the face of the current challenges, please phone the surgery on 01327 354477.